Drawing the Head and Hands
Publisher: Viking Adult | ISBN: 0670283851 | edition 1956 | PDF | 141 pages | 11 mb
Walter Foster's classic How to Draw and Paint series provides aspiring artists with an exceptional array of art instruction books featuring all subject areas and media. Each title includes easy step-by-step exercises as well as finished illustrations or paintings that will inspire artistic talent in anyone.
Packed with practical information, helpful tips, and fundamental techniques, the How to Draw and Paint series offers a complete library of resources to which artists of all skill levels can refer again and again.
What you'll learn from this book ...
• Proper construction of the human head, and where to place features
• Hints on creating differences in type and character
• How the construction of male heads differs from that of female heads
• An understanding of form based on the use of planes
• Skills for using the proportional differences among heads of people of different ages
• The simple bone structure of the head on the neck
• How to draw a variety of facial expressions