Virtual Access Point 2.2
Virtual AP is an easy-to-use software that turns any LAN-connected PC or laptop into a Wi-Fi wireless access point. So anyone nearby can surf the Internet through your sharing.Also, your iPhone, PDA, mobile or what ever, can enjoy the Internet by connecting to the wireless network broadcasted by Virtual AP. A great idea to cut down your mobile bills, isn't it?This is also an ideal solution for setting up a temporary AP in a hotel room, meeting room, at home or the like.
* Share Internet with another laptop - It turns one of your laptops into a Wireless Access Point (WAP, or Wi-Fi router or Wi-Fi gateway), other laptops can connect to the Wi-Fi network to surf Internet.
* Share Internet with iPhone, iPod, PDA, xBox or what ever - Your iPhone, PDA or other Wi-Fi devices can enjoy the wireless network created by Virtual AP.
* Wi-Fi Security - The wireless network created by Virtual AP is security-enabled. Anyone who wants to connect MUST have the network key (Password).
* ONE-CLICK Sharing - One button to start, one button to stop, that's all.
* Simple - It is very simple, one-click sharing. You even don't need to read the manual.
* It Is Soft - It turns your laptop into a Wireless Access Point(WAP), without any third hardwares.
* Share 3G over WiFi (3G Sharing) - Share your 3G connection with your family.
* Share ISDN over WiFi (ISDN Sharing) - Share your ISDN connection to your another laptop or PC.
* Share DSL over WiFi (DSL Sharing or ADSL Sharing) - Share DSL or ADSL to your another laptop or PC.
Why Virtual Access Point?
While on business trips or attending conferences, there may not always be multiple Internet connections available for all participants to take advantage of. Using Virtual Access Point software you can share Internet access with co-workers during meetings or conferences in locations where there is just one Internet connection such as a hotel or conference centre. This will work in locations which offer Internet access connections through an Ethernet connection.
How Virtual AP works?
Virtual Access Point is used to share only one Internet connection between two or more computers. One of these computers acts the server role which has an ethernet cable plugged in, and it broadcasts Wi-Fi signal. Other computers with wireless adapter card, will find the Wi-Fi signal and can join in the wireless network, so can surf the Internet through the server computer's sharing.
1) Replace the original VirtualAP.exe with the provided one
2) Register your copy using following data: