||After what feels like weeks without any game titles being pre’d at all, good old FAiRliGHT have come along and released a new game titled Sword of The Stars Born of Blood. I say game but really its an expansion pack and requires that you have the original Sword of Stars game installed. I personally have never played Sword of The Stars but if you have and you like it then this is a must. The review sites have some decent scores for this as well so it might be worth a look if your into the space/sim/strategy titles and willing to hunt down the original game as well. The big game titles have dried up recently which is a shame, the last one i can think of being GRAW 2 about a month ago… |
Defeat a new enemy race in the action-packed official add-on to Sword of the Stars! The year is 2445. Over 30 years have passed since the first stellar empires began to expand. Four races once set out to explore and conquer the galaxy, meeting in fiery clashes that spanned the universe. The first wars have passed and a promising age of diplomacy dawns.
Now a new alien race emerges shattering the uneasy peace. With new drive systems, ships, technology, and tactics, the Zuul burst onto the scene with a devastating agenda – not only will they conquer, they will control the entire universe… unless you put a stop to their destruction. With savage ships and psychic powers, they enslave or annihilate all those who oppose them. As their galley disks descend to harvest slaves from neighboring races, all other empires may be forced to put aside their grudges – if they do not unite against the Zuul, each race will be systematically exterminated. Form alliances and learn to work with your foes as you lead your fleets to victory in a universe at war in Sword of Stars: Born of Blood.
* Play as the merciless Zuul Slavers with over 90 brand-new ship sections and their unique drive system – the Tunnel Drive
* Over 25 additional technologies, including new diplomacy and intelligence gathering techs
* 15 more weapons you can add to your ship designs
* New ship sections for the original four races, including: War, Projector, Boarding, and a new type of defense satellite – the Torpedo Defense Platform
* 4 additional galactic encounters, a new grand menace, plus 3 unique scenarios and 6 original maps
* New game features, including Slavery, Trade Routes, and Diplomatic Communications
* Original Sword of the Stars is required.
* Windows® 2000 / XP
* Processor: 1 GHz Pentium® or AMD equivalent
* 512 MB RAM
* Free Hard Drive Space: 1 GB
* Video Card: 128 MB DirectX® 9.0c class or better
* Multiplayer: LAN or 56K (or faster) Internet Connection
* Input: Mouse, Speakers, Keyboard
Release name: Sword_of_The_Stars_Born_of_Blood-FLT
Size: 1 CD, 504.14 MB